Acceptable Use Policy
Cuttlefish Multimedia Ltd (Cuttlefish) have been engaged by Oxford Brookes University (OBU) for the provision of an Activity Tracker.
Cuttlefish is the data processor and OBU is the data controller.
By registering for an account for the Activity Tracker you are consenting to the handling of your data, protected and otherwise.
Oxford Brookes University
- OBU have the ultimate authority over the data pertaining to the Activity Tracker.
- In order to monitor take-up of this offering, leaderboard, activity and user data will be downloaded from time to time. This data will only be stored for as long as is necessary to compile a report displaying anonymised information only. Once reports are compiled, downloaded data will be deleted from the devices the downloads took place on.
- All data Cuttlefish collects shall be encrypted.
- More sensitive data, such as passwords are protected with further methods including, but not limited to, cryptographically secure hashing algorithms.
- Cuttlefish holds responsibility of data processing, hosting, protecting and transferring data.
- Cuttlefish shall only process data in accordance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation, Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and DPA (The Data Protection Act 2018 (c 12)).
- Cuttlefish take daily backups of all data. This is held for up to 30 days and as such, deleted data may take up to 30 days from the date of deletion to be completely removed from the system as well as backups.
- At the end of the agreement between Cuttlefish and OBU, all data not owned by Cuttlefish shall be deleted within 30 days except to the extent that any applicable law requires the Supplier to store such Protected Data.
- Cuttlefish regularly ensures systems developed and managed by Cuttlefish comply with data protection laws.
- The Activity Tracker may display or permit linking or other access to or use of third-party content, websites, apps, services and resources (collectively "Third-Party Services") that are not under Cuttlefish's control. This may include the opportunity for users to link a user's Activity Tracker account and data with Third-Party Services. Cuttlefish provides these links only as a convenience and are not responsible for the products, services or other content that are available from the Third-Party Service.
- Any Third-Party Services that users use in connection with the Activity Tracker are not part of the Activity Tracker and are not controlled by Cuttlefish. By linking one of these services to the Activity Tracker you take sole responsibility and assume all risk arising from your interaction with or use of any Third-Party Services.
- You should seek medical advice if you have any doubts about your ability to take part in any activity.
- You should take particular care when you are undertaking intensive physical activity of a type, or at a level which is new to you.
- You should always be aware of the safety of other participants, spectators and the general public.
- Any activities performed for the Activity Tracker is done at your own risk.
- It is recommended that you ensure your bicycles and/or any other sports equipment that you ride/use are in a roadworthy condition/safe; and you must observe the rules of the Highway Code/meet recognised safety standards for the chosen sport/activity.